参赛选手必须登录谷歌GOOGLE GMAIL进行注册。如果没有谷歌GOOGLE GMAIL,请自行申请一个GMAIL,并登录GMAIL后，进行本活动注册。
The Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Toronto has been successfully hosting the “Chinese Panda Cup” Chinese Competition since 2013. This year, in the form of online contest, the Consulate General will continue to host the “Chinese Panda Cup Speech Competition” for elementary and secondary school students in the provinces of Ontario and Manitoba and member units in Canada. Chinese Culture and Education Society of Canada and Canadian Chinese Radio FM105.9 are co-hosting this event.
I. Content of the Competition
All entries are original works. Entrants are required to complete three to five minutes of speech presentation independently.
II. Participants and Topics of Speech
The entrants are mainly Chinese Canadian students in Canada.
The contest is divided into groups of elementary school students and secondary school students as follows:
1) Secondary school students (grade 9—grade 12) are divided in to two groups: students born in Canada and new immigrants
(arrived in Canada within 5 years). The topic of speech is “My Impression of China”.
2) Elementary school students (grade 1-grade 8) ；the topic of speech is “My Thoughts about Chinese Astronauts in Space”.
III. Registration and Competition Schedule
1) Participants register through their Chinese schools, and each Chinese school organizes preliminaries to select teams to
participate in the final. The preliminaries of various schools are independently arranged from July to October, and the winners
are recommended to participate in the finals.
2) Individual registration is accepted. Students who are not enrolled in a Chinese school can register directly with the Chinese Culture and Education Society of Canada (website www.ccesc.ca) and indicate that they will participate in the preliminary contest organized by the Chinese Culture and Education Society of Canada .The preliminary contest for individual applicants is on November 13, 2022.
3) Registration for the final is open now until November 17, 2022, 11：59 pm.
4) The final will be held on November 20, 2022.
5) The competition is held online via Zoom. Meet invitation link will be sent to contestants prior to the competition.
IV. Prizes and Awarding Methods
1) Elementary school group: 1 first prizes of C$200 each; 5 second prizes of C$ 150 each; 7 third prizes of C$100 each.10
Excellence Award of C$ 50.
2) Secondary school group: (2 groups: new immigrants and Canadian-born): 1 first prizes of C$300 each (total 2); 3 second
prizes of C$ 200 each (total 6); 5 third prizes of C$150 each (total 10). 10 Excellence Award of C$ 50 (total 20).
3) The awards are certain amount of money, and certificate.
4) Schools and institutions well-organized in this Panda Cup competition: 10 Organization Awards of C$ 100 for each.
1)The education institutions and Chinese schools in Ontario and Manitoba will form teams to participate in the final based on the
preliminary selection results. The maximum number of members in each team is 3. Up to 5 contestants in the team might be
considered for the school boards with a larger number of students.
2) The videos and audios of the winners’ speeches are broadcast on the radio FM105.9 and played on Channel Charming China.
3) The speeches are published by Chinese Culture & Education Society of Canada.
Participant must login Google Gmail to signup. If you don’t have Gmail account, please apply one and logon Gmail to signup.